Our Teacher

Meet Mr O’Toole

I grew up in a tiny town of 200 in the Victorian Mallee district of Australia. Growing up I never really knew what I wanted to do as a profession, and even into my first year at University I still wasn’t convinced teaching was for me. But then I spent an amazing three weeks practicum where my mentor teacher inspired me to take this job seriously. Since then I have graduated with great marks, cut my teeth in a small rural school (a similar type to one I attended as a pup), taught in numerous schools through Europe and the UK and am currently loving my job and hopefully inspiring my students at Huntly Primary School.

My wife and I have seen some great things together and I try to bring some of those experiences and lessons into my classes to inspire my students to be life long learners. Discussions about the battlefields of Gallipoli, concentration camps in Auswitz, sailing a junket on the Mekong Delta, early roman history, art from the louvre, major sporting events from around the world and different religious beliefs and cultures. If they realise the world is an amazing place where learning can happen anywhere at anytime then I have done my job.

IMG_0155 IMG_0074 IMG_0076 IMG_0080 IMG_0094 IMG_0098 IMG_0102 IMG_0127

I am new to this blogging business but have always taken the attitude of “Yeh, why not? I’ll give it a crack at least once.” I think it can teach my students so much about the world, the people in it and of different cultures we may not be aware of. I am looking forward to trying this and seeing where it takes me and my students. Thankyou for taking the time to look through our blog and please feel free to contact us.

Subscribe

Follow this blog

Get every new post delivered right to your inbox.